- Vimscript is irritatingly outdated
- The Python/Perl interface is seriously limited.
- The inability to effectively use outside processes is irritating.
- I was pretty much hacking together half of emacs in Vim
- Integrated Terminal
- File system
- mail checker scripts
- Emacs uses Lisp :D
- Emacs has Haskell support that makes Vim's look silly.
- Proof General is a fantastic program.
- The keybindings are a little more rational.
- I have Evil to give me every benefit of Vim in Emacs.
- Emacs never stops me from doing what I want
- Integration into more obscure languages, Coq, SML, Scheme, is just head and shoulders above Vim.
- It has tetris!!
May the cult forgive me.